Over the weekend, we turned off the TV and video games and spent about 90% o four weekend without electronics. We used our GPS to get us around and I used my HRM strap to track my calories, otherwise we did all we could to turn everything off and be as active as possible. One of our activities was to go on a hike. While we were out getting dirty on the trails, I got an email that I had been nominated for a blog award by the ladies over at We Run For Cupcakes.
First I’ll admit I was completely shocked. I know people read this blog because I see the stats but I write mostly for myself. To track my progress and vent about my running frustrations so to be nominated by a fellow running blogger really made me giddy. Thanks ladies!
Secondly, I like blog awards because it tends to pool together other great blogs from people with like minded ambitions. Through this Liebster award, I now have a plethora of new reading material and most of them are all about running. Yay!
When given an award, you have a few little things you gotta do. One is to nominate others and then answer some questions. This award also asks that you create your own questions for future nominees. I’ll do my best although I don’t read too many other blogs. Below are my answers!
1. Who is the most inspirational person in your life, and why? My biggest inspiration right now would be my husband. He’s constantly working hard to improve himself and he never gives up. It’s an attractive quality, that never giving up thing. I admire him and his strong will to achieve every goal he sets out to do.
2. What is your dream job? My dream job has always been to be a teacher. I have my credential and I have taught but the climate for new teachers in California has been rough lately. Other than that, I want to be a stay at home mom to raise my son and future little runners.
3. What made you decide to start a blog? I decided to start this blog when I made my mind up to run 12 races in one year. I was already writing my own person blog One For Hope but felt that a separate one just for running would be a good way to chronicle all my adventures in running races.
4. What is your favorite song right now? Right now I’m replaying Hearts A Mess by Gotye. It’s haunting and sticks to my bones so that I can’t shake it. I can listen to it a few times in a row and just feel every word.
5. How would you describe your philosophy in life? My philosophy in life would be to mind your manners and your own business. No one can possibly know what anyone else is feeling or thinking so I believe it best to let everyone do their lives and mind your own life. And be polite.
6. Where is your favorite place in the entire world? Ooof. I’ve been dreaming of Costa Rica, a wonderful, warm, friendly country with lush greenery and lots to keep you active. But, that’s a plane or two away and in another country. I guess it’s my dream place. My real life favorite place is in my bed. It’s big and comfy and I can read from it and it’s big enough for both my husband and my son to join me and cuddle together.
7. Is there anything you cannot live without? Why? I hate to say it but I can’t live without my phone. I log my calories there, I make notes on Evernote, I take LOADS of pictures and videos and I use a lot of GPS tracking programs for my running. It’s really my all in one. I would be ok without it if I needed to but man do I rely on it.
8. Name your three biggest goals in life. Buy a house (in progress), have more kids (I love being a mom) and get published.
9. Do you have any random talents? I am the random fact generator. I tend to remember the oddest things.
10. What is the best compliment you’ve received? Probably being told my wedding was awesome and funny and classy yet simple because I’m not a party planner, I’m very introverted so the whole day was overwhelming but it was everything I was going for. Felt good to hear that all my efforts and stress was worth it in the end.
11. If the answer is 42, what is the question? (If you need help on this one, click here.) It’s the ultimate answer to life, isn’t it?
I’m going to cheat and not nominate anyone because to be honest, I don’t follow nearly enough people. Do check out Scoot a Doot, a well rounded blog about women, life, running, all that good stuff. I enjoy reading their posts.
As for questions, anyone reading this is free to take them and answer them.
1. If you could drop everything right now and go anywhere, where would you go?
2. Favorite race? Least favorite race?
3. Out side of running, what is your favorite sport/activity?
4. How did you start running?
5. Who is your biggest supporter?
6. If you could race anywhere in the world, where would you set off to?
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to grow up and be?
8. What was your first race?
9. You have a free day to eat whatever you want, what would you have?
10. What were you afraid of as a child? Are you still afraid?
11. What is your healthy goal for 2014?
Thanks again to the ladies at We Run For Cupcakes for the nomination! Cheers!